Vandana Shiva with Maude Barlow, Cormac Cullinan & Pablo Solon. Moderated by David Harvey
David Harvey and the co-authors of the new book, The Rights of Nature, will discuss how to transform our relationship with the environment to address climate change and related problems like natural disasters. The rights-based approach to nature they advocate is beginning to discussed at the UN. Available for purchase: the edited volume, The Rights of Nature, and a new edition of Cormac Cullinan’s book, Wild Law.
• Vandana Shiva is an Indian philosopher, environmentalist, and feminist
• Maude Barlow is a water activist and Chair of The Council of Canadians
• Cormac Cullinan is an environmental lawyer based in South Africa
• Pablo Solon is the Ambassador of Bolivia to the UN
• David Harvey is Distinguished Professor of Anthropology at CUNY Graduate Center